[Gluster-users] postgresql is unable to create a table in gluster volume

Jiffin Tony Thottan jthottan at redhat.com
Thu May 4 07:19:46 UTC 2017

On 04/05/17 02:03, Praveen George wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> We’ve been intermittently seeing issues where postgresql is unable to
> create a table, or some info is missing.
>
> Postgresql logs the following error:
>
> ERROR:  unexpected data beyond EOF in block 53 of relation
> base/16384/12009
> HINT:  This has been seen to occur with buggy kernels; consider
> updating your system.
>
> We are using the k8s PV/PVC to bind the volumes to the containers and
> using the gluster plugin to mount the volumes on the worker nodes and
> take it into the containers.
>
> The issue occurs regardless of whether the  k8s spec specifies
> mounting of the pv using the pv provider or mount the gluster volume
> directly.
>
> Just to check if the issue is with the glusterfs client, we mount the
> volume using NFS (NFS on the client talking to gluster on the master),
> the issue doesn’t occur. However, with the NFS client talking directly
> to _one_ of the gluster masters; this means that if that master fails,
> it will not failover to the other gluster master - we thus lose
> gluster HA if we go this route.

If you are interested there are HA solutions available with NFS. It
depends on NFS solution which u are trying, if it is gluster
nfs(integrated nfs server with gluster) then use ctdb and for
NFS-Ganesha , we already have an integrated solution with pacemaker/corosync

Please update ur gluster version since it EOLed, you don't receive any
more update for that version.

--

Jiffin