[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Don't allow data loss via add-brick (was Re: Add single server)

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Thu May 4 05:46:24 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:59 PM, <lemonnierk at ulrar.net> wrote:

> > Fix is up @ https://review.gluster.org/#/c/17160/ . The only thing which
> > we'd need to decide (and are debating on) is that should we bypass this
> > validation with rebalance start force or not. What do others think?
>
> I think that if you are specifying force, that's your business.

+1. I say we show warning in case of no --force. handle the case similar to
replace-brick --force remove-brick commit force like way.

> Maybe still
> show a warning and ask for a yes / no confirmation after, in case some
> people
> use force "by default" ?

we had kept --force as an option to script gluster CLIs so the scripts /
integrations would work without depending on stdin input.

Regards,
Amar

Amar Tumballi (amarts)