[Gluster-users] Add single server

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Mon May 1 18:50:47 UTC 2017

> I do agree that for the duration a brick is replaced its replication count
> is down by 1, is that your concern? In which case I do note that without (a)
> above, availability is at risk during the operation. Which needs other
> strategies/changes to ensure tolerance to errors/faults.

Oh, yes, i've forgot this too.

I don't know Ceph, but Lizard, when moving chunks across the cluster,
does a copy, not a movement
During the whole operation you'll end with some files/chunks
replicated more than the requirement.

If you have a replica 3, during the movement, some file get replica 4
In Gluster the same operation will bring you replica 2.

IMHO, this isn't a viable/reliable solution

Any change to change "replace-brick" to increase the replica count
during the operation ?