[Gluster-users] vol status detail - times out?

lejeczek peljasz at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jul 24 15:16:32 UTC 2017

now, what I found out: (is probably reproducible with
version I use, I'd imagine fairly critical)

There was a peer which had been, now I realize, not fully
detached, namely: three peers constituted a working cluster,
on these peers that fourth peer did not exist, was detached,
but that detach peer (was it network? hmm) still saw itself
(and other three peers) as a member of the cluster.
I did on "detached":
$ gluster peer status
and it would show three other peers. How it happened exactly
I cannot explain.
Nonetheless, that fourth-detached peer caused all these
problems it seems. As soon as I stopped gluster there I was
able to request all the actions successfully from the
gluster that before failed.

This in my mind is, if true, a serious problem, it will
cause a user/admin a headache when troubleshooting(like it
caused me), especially if that admin forgot there was
another peer somewhere(like I did, it was a VM in openstack)

Would be great if devel investigate or confirm, hopefully
new versions are/will be resilient to such cases of "ghost"
peers.

many thanks.