[Gluster-users] [ovirt-users] ovirt 4.1 hosted engine hyper converged on glusterfs 3.8.10 : "engine" storage domain alway complain about "unsynced" elements

yayo (j) jaganz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:50:31 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the answer and sorry for delay:

1. What does the glustershd.log say on all 3 nodes when you run the
> command? Does it complain anything about these files?

No, glustershd.log is clean, no extra log after command on all 3 nodes

> 2. Are these 12 files also present in the 3rd data brick?

I've checked right now: all files exists in all 3 nodes

> 3. Can you provide the output of `gluster volume info` for the this volume?

*Volume Name: engine*
*Type: Replicate*
*Volume ID: d19c19e3-910d-437b-8ba7-4f2a23d17515*
*Snapshot Count: 0*
*Number of Bricks: 1 x 3 = 3*
*Transport-type: tcp*
*Bricks:*
*Brick1: node01:/gluster/engine/brick*
*Brick2: node02:/gluster/engine/brick*
*Brick3: node04:/gluster/engine/brick*
*Options Reconfigured:*
*nfs.disable: on*
*performance.readdir-ahead: on*
*transport.address-family: inet*
*storage.owner-uid: 36*
*performance.quick-read: off*
*performance.read-ahead: off*
*performance.io-cache: off*
*performance.stat-prefetch: off*
*performance.low-prio-threads: 32*
*network.remote-dio: off*
*cluster.eager-lock: enable*
*cluster.quorum-type: auto*
*cluster.server-quorum-type: server*
*cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full*
*cluster.locking-scheme: granular*
*cluster.shd-max-threads: 8*
*cluster.shd-wait-qlength: 10000*
*features.shard: on*
*user.cifs: off*
*storage.owner-gid: 36*
*features.shard-block-size: 512MB*
*network.ping-timeout: 30*
*performance.strict-o-direct: on*
*cluster.granular-entry-heal: on*
*auth.allow: **

          server.allow-insecure: on

> Some extra info:
>>
>> We have recently changed the gluster from: 2 (full repliacated) + 1
>> arbiter to 3 full replicated cluster
>>

> Just curious, how did you do this? `remove-brick` of arbiter brick
> followed by an `add-brick` to increase to replica-3?

Yes

#gluster volume remove-brick engine replica 2 node03:/gluster/data/brick
force *(OK!)*

#gluster volume heal engine info *(no entries!)*

#gluster volume add-brick engine replica 3 node04:/gluster/engine/brick
*(OK!)*

*After some minutes*

[root at node01 ~]#  gluster volume heal engine info
Brick node01:/gluster/engine/brick
Number of entries: 0

Brick node02:/gluster/engine/brick
Number of entries: 0

Brick node04:/gluster/engine/brick
Number of entries: 0

> Thanks,
> Ravi

Another extra info (I don't know if this can be the problem): Five days ago
A black out has suddenly shut down the networks switch (also gluster
network) of node 03 and 04 ... But I don't know this problem is in place
after this black out

Thank you!