[Gluster-users] Upgrading Gluster revision (3.8.12 to 3.8.13) caused underlying VM fs corruption

Mahdi Adnan mahdi.adnan at outlook.com
Tue Jul 11 06:08:34 UTC 2017

Noted, many thanks

--

Respectfully
Mahdi A. Mahdi

________________________________
From: Pranith Kumar Karampuri <pkarampu at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 6:41:28 AM
To: Mahdi Adnan
Cc: Pavel Szalbot; gluster-users
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] Upgrading Gluster revision (3.8.12 to 3.8.13) caused underlying VM fs corruption

On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Mahdi Adnan <mahdi.adnan at outlook.com<mailto:mahdi.adnan at outlook.com>> wrote:

I upgraded from 3.8.12 to 3.8.13 without issues.

Two replicated volumes with online update, upgraded clients first and followed by servers upgrade, "stop glusterd, pkill gluster*, update gluster*, start glusterd, monitor healing process and logs, after completion proceed to the other node"

You should first upgrade servers and then clients. New servers can understand old clients, but it is not easy for old servers to understand new clients in case it started doing something new.

check gluster logs for more information.

--

Respectfully
Mahdi A. Mahdi