[Gluster-users] Gluster native mount is really slow compared to nfs

Jo Goossens jo.goossens at hosted-power.com
Tue Jul 11 09:26:28 UTC 2017

Hi all,

One more thing, we have 3 apps servers with the gluster on it, replicated on 3 different gluster nodes. (So the gluster nodes are app servers at the same time). We could actually almost work locally if we wouldn't need to have the same files on the 3 nodes and redundancy :)

Initial cluster was created like this:

gluster volume create www replica 3 transport tcp 192.168.140.41:/gluster/www 192.168.140.42:/gluster/www 192.168.140.43:/gluster/www force
gluster volume set www network.ping-timeout 5
gluster volume set www performance.cache-size 1024MB
gluster volume set www nfs.disable on # No need for NFS currently
gluster volume start www
 To my understanding it still wouldn't explain why nfs has such great performance compared to native ...

Regards

Jo