[Gluster-users] Question about trusted.afr

Tamal Saha tamal at appscode.com
Tue Feb 28 04:59:52 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am running a GlusterFS cluster in Kubernetes. This has a single 1x2
volume. I am dealing with a split-brain sitution. During debugging I
noticed that, the files in the backend bricks does not have the proper
trusted.afr xattr. Given this volume has 2 bricks, I should see
files with the  following 2 afr, I am guessing:

trusted.afr.vol-client-0
trusted.afr.vol-client-1

But I see files with xattrs below:

trusted.afr.vol-client-2
trusted.afr.vol-client-3
trusted.afr.vol-client-5

As I run the bricks as pods in Kubernetes, I have from time to time added
and removed bricks fron this volume. Basically the pod IPs changed when the
pods get restarted. My questions are:

1. Am I seeing wrong trusted.afr?
2. When I remove-brick and add a new brick and then run heal full, does it
reapply the trusted.afrs properly?

Thanks,
-Tamal