[Gluster-users] Volume rebalance issue

Mahdi Adnan mahdi.adnan at outlook.com
Sat Feb 25 15:26:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have a volume of 4 servers 8x2 bricks (Distributed-Replicate) hosting VMs for ESXi, i tried expanding the volume with 8 more bricks, and after rebalancing the volume, the VMs got corrupted.

Gluster version is 3.8.9 and the volume is using the default parameters of group "virt" plus sharding.

I created a new volume without sharding and got the same issue after the rebalance.

I checked the reported bugs and the mailing list, and i noticed it's a bug in Gluster.

Is it affecting all of Gluster versions ? is there any workaround or a volume setup that is not affected by this issue ?

Thank you.

--

Respectfully
Mahdi A. Mahdi