[Gluster-users] Some advice

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 09:55:35 UTC 2017

I have 3 storage servers that I would like to use as gluster servers
for VM hosting and some Maildir hosting.

these 3 servers will be connected to a bunch of hypervisors servers.

I'll create a distributed replicated volume with SATA disks and ZFS
(to use SLOG) and another distributed replicated volume shared with
NFS-Ganesha to use as Dovecot mailbox storage.

The dovecot server is a VM running on the same gluster nodes where ganesha is.
Is this an issue ? I could try to store Dovecot VM on local disks on
hypervisors without using the same Gluster nodes for VM hosting, then
access ganesha directly from inside the VM.
By using a shared NFS server, I can bring up multiple dovecot servers
even without live migration, because there is always at least another
dovecot VM ready to run on a different server accessing the same NFS
share (stored on gluster).

Any advice ?