[Gluster-users] self heal failed, on /

Mohammed Rafi K C rkavunga at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 06:02:26 UTC 2017

On 02/23/2017 12:18 PM, max.degraaf at kpn.com wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We have a 4 node glusterfs setup that seems to be running without any
> problems. We can’t find any problems with replication or whatever.
>

> We also have 4 machines running the glusterfs client. On all 4
> machines we see the following error in the logs at random moments:
>

> [2017-02-23 00:04:33.168778] I
> [afr-self-heal-common.c:2869:afr_log_self_heal_completion_status]
> 0-aab-replicate-0:  metadata self heal  is successfully completed,
> metadata self heal from source aab-client-0 to aab-client-1,
> aab-client-2,  aab-client-3,  metadata - Pending matrix:  [ [ 0 0 0 0
> ] [ 0 0 0 0 ] [ 0 0 0 0 ] [ 0 0 0 0 ] ], on /
>
> [2017-02-23 00:09:34.431089] E
> [afr-self-heal-common.c:2869:afr_log_self_heal_completion_status]
> 0-aab-replicate-0:  metadata self heal  failed,   on /
>
> [2017-02-23 00:14:34.948975] I
> [afr-self-heal-common.c:2869:afr_log_self_heal_completion_status]
> 0-aab-replicate-0:  metadata self heal  is successfully completed,
> metadata self heal from source aab-client-0 to aab-client-1,
> aab-client-2,  aab-client-3,  metadata - Pending matrix:  [ [ 0 0 0 0
> ] [ 0 0 0 0 ] [ 0 0 0 0 ] [ 0 0 0 0 ] ], on /
>

> The content within the glusterfs filesystems is rather static with
> only minor changes on it. This “self heal  failed” is printed randomly
> in the logs on the glusterfs client. It’s printed even at moment where
> nothing has changed within the glusterfs filesystem. When it is
> printed, its never on multiple servers at the same time. What we also
> don’t understand : the error indicates self heal failed on root “/”.
> In the root of this glusterfs mount there only 2 folders and no files
> are ever written at the root level.
>

> Any thoughts?
>

>From the logs, It looks like an older version of gluster , probably 3.5
. Please confirm your glusterfs version. The version is pretty old and
it may be moved End of Life. And this is AFR v1 , where the latest
stable version runs with AFRv2.

So I would suggest you to upgrade to a later version may be 3.8 .

If you still want to go with this version, I can give it a try. Let me
know the version, volume info and volume status. Still I will suggest to
upgrade ;)

Regards
Rafi KC