[Gluster-users] detecting replication issues

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 17:42:21 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have a simple replicated volume with a replica count of 3. To ensure any
file changes (create/delete/modify) are replicated to all bricks, I have
this setting in my client configuration.

 volume gv0-replicate-0
    type cluster/replicate
    subvolumes gv0-client-0 gv0-client-1 gv0-client-2
end-volume

And that works as expected. My question is how one could detect if this was
not happening which could poise a severe problem with data consistency and
replication. For example, those settings could be omitted from the client
config and then the client will only write data to one brick and all kinds
of terrible things will start happening. I have not found a way the gluster
volume cli to detect when that kind of problem is occurring. For example
gluster volume heal <volname> info does not detect this problem.

Is there any programmatic way to detect when this problem is occurring?

Thanks,
Joe