[Gluster-users] Gluster and ZFS: how much RAM?

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 11:49:52 UTC 2017

> That's what my systems run though each of my nodes only has @3TB of storage.
> Current tests among zfs used as VM storage seems to be that l2arc sits
> almost wholly unused though.  I removed mine since it had such a very low
> hit rate.

I have to use an SSD for ZIL, the same SSD could also be used for
L2ARC. I don't think would give me any advantage to remove that at
all.

Anyway, is possible to use the same ZIL partition for multiple
bricks/zfs vdevs ? (i'll use one vdev per brick, but I would like to
share the same SSD with all vdevs without creating multiple partitions
in the same SSD)