[Gluster-users] GlusterFS throughput inconsistent

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 05:02:23 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

This is strange, if it were me I would try to create a TCP volume transport instead of RDMA and see if you can reproduce there.

> I cannot predict a consistent behavior every time when I run the same
> workload. The time to complete varies. Is there any log file or something I
> can look into, to understand this behavior. I am single client(fuse) running
> 32 thread, 1mb block size, creating 200GB or reading 200GB files randomly
> with directIO.

To see upto +-5-10% variance between runs is normal(closer to 5%, 10 is a little high).  I haven't seen a 50% like you mentioned above, like I said I wonder if this is reproducible on a TCP transport volume?  Can you provide some FIO output from a few runs for us to have a look at?

-b