[Gluster-users] possible gluster error causing kvm to shutdown

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Tue Feb 21 16:10:33 UTC 2017

Il 21/02/2017 16:59, Daniele Antolini ha scritto:
> Is it possible that self-heal process on the kvm VM runs intensively
> and shutdown automatically the vm?

Yes, could be that the VM is intesively used (though during the night
the only thing it probably was doing was backup, which is mostly read
operations).
But why is the self-heal process started in the first place? And why is
then the vm shutdown? I would expect some errors reported, timeouts or
something but can't find any reference in any log.
The host which also is the gluster is not even reaching 30% load.

I just updated to gluster 3.8.9-1 though cannot find any changelog to
see if maybe there were some problems in previous version related to this.

Alessandro