[Gluster-users] connection attempt on 127.0.0.1:24007 failed ?

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Fri Feb 17 16:23:30 UTC 2017

"invalid argument" in socket could be:

EINVAL Unknown protocol, or protocol family not available.
EINVAL Invalid flags in type

Since we know that the flags don't cause errors elsewhere and don't change from one installation to another I think it's safe to disregard that possibility.

That leaves the former. Obviously TCP is a known protocol. That leaves "protocol family not available". I haven't read the kernel code for this but of the top of my head I would look for ipv4 (if you are ipv6 only that's an invalid address) or socket exhaustion.