[Gluster-users] Error while setting cluster.granular-entry-heal

Andrea Fogazzi foggy at fogazzi.com
Thu Feb 16 18:15:56 UTC 2017

Hello,
thanks for your reply; I attach the heal logs.

I have to inform that at the end  I was able to enable  cluster.granular-entry-heal parameter; we had to perform two separate actions:
1. upgrade clients on every volume: in fact upgrading to 3.8.x the clients connecting the specific volume were not sufficient, and we needed to upgrade older clients even if they are connecting to other volumes on the same gluster cluster
2. to set the cluster.granular-entry-heal parameter parameter for the volume, we had to use the syntax suggested in the error message for "gluster volume set volname parameter on" command: "(gluster volume heal vol-cor-homes  granular-entry-heal enable"; this command ended to enable the parameter, but I didn't find specific documentation other than the error message.

Regarding the attached logs: you will find that split brain prevented us to enable the parameter: yes, I was aware of that, in fact we had solved the split brain before testing to enable the parameter, but this unique action did not solved and we had also to apply 1. and 2. actions.

Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
andrea

--