[Gluster-users] Error while setting cluster.granular-entry-heal

Andrea Fogazzi foggy at fogazzi.com
Wed Feb 15 18:35:16 UTC 2017

Hello,

I have a gluster volume on 3.8.8 which has multiple volumes, each on distributed/replicated on 5 servers (2 replicas+1 quorum); each volume is both accessed as gluster client (RW, clients have 3.8.8 or 3.8.5) or Ganesha FS (RO).

On one of the  volumes we have:

- cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm: full
- cluster.locking-scheme: granular

When we try to set

- cluster.granular-entry-heal on

(command I use is "gluster volume set vol-cor-homes cluster.granular-entry-heal on")

I receive

volume set: failed:  'gluster volume set <VOLNAME> cluster.granular-entry-heal {enable, disable}' is not supported. Use 'gluster volume heal <VOLNAME> granular-entry-heal {enable, disable}' instead.

Answer is not clear to me; I also tried command suggested in the command response, but it does not work (I get "Enable granular entry heal on volume vol-cor-homes has been unsuccessful on bricks that are down. Please check if all brick processes are running." while I am sure all bricks are online).

Do you have any suggestion on what I am doing wrong, or how to debug the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

andrea

--