[Gluster-users] CentOS Storage SIG Repo GlusterFS 3.8.9 testing results

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Feb 15 08:32:46 UTC 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 10:00:18AM -0800, Daryl lee wrote:
> Niels,
> Thanks for submitting the GlusterFS 3.8.9 package to the testing repo.  I
> have my testing feedback to provide but I'm not sure where you want me to
> post this (should I subscribe to the package mailing list and post it
> there?).    For now I'll just post it in gluster-users in case anyone is
> curious about the results.

Many thanks Daryl!
And testing feedback is appreciated, the most important to me is that
the update is not behaving any worse (hopefully better!) than the
previous release.

I'll mark the packages for releasing to the stable repository when I
send out the release announcement. Our mighty Kaleb takes normally care
of packaging the releases for almost all non-CentOS distributions. He
seems to be on holidays and without too few (or no?) other volunteers
the other distributions will have to wait a little longer (HINT!).

Also, if anyone is interested in writing automated tests for the
releases, please let us know! The CentOS Storage SIG packages can be
tested in the CentOS CI in a real multi-server environment. See
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Storage/Gluster/CI for more
details.

Thanks again,
Niels