[Gluster-users] GlusterFS Volume for HPC workload

Alex Chekholko chekh at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 9 23:10:12 UTC 2017

Hi Deepak,

Ultimately, you're the only one who can know whether it works for your
exact workload or not.  We recommend benchmarking your own workload.

That said, in general, if you avoid large numbers of small files, and
your hardware and network are sized appropriately, you should get good
throughput performance.

In HPC, a common problem is oversubscribing either the network or the
storage system.  If you workload is I/O-heavy, you should spend probably
50% of your cluster budget on I/O and interconnect.

Regards,
Alex