[Gluster-users] Slow performance on samba with small files

Gary Lloyd g.lloyd at keele.ac.uk
Wed Feb 8 10:17:41 UTC 2017

Thanks for the reply

I've just done a bit more testing. If I use rsync from a gluster client to
copy the same files to the mount point it only takes a couple of minutes.
For some reason it's very slow on samba though (version 4.4.4).

I have tried various samba tweaks / settings and have yet to get acceptable
write speed on small files.

*Gary Lloyd*
I.T. Systems:Keele University
Finance & IT Directorate