[Gluster-users] Remove an artificial limitation of disperse volume

Olivier Lambert lambert.olivier at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:33:27 UTC 2017

Sure, RAID level were only here to have a approximative comparison.
I've read about reed-solomon, that's a very neat algorithm.

In my 4x nodes example, 3x replication won't be possible (not a
multiple). I don't see any alternative to avoid the "shortcoming" of
replication, except using disperse with redundancy 2. Which is sadly
not possible for a unknown reason (because reed-solomon is totally
flexible in theory, therefore I don't understand why it's not
authorized in Gluster!)

Any thoughts?