[Gluster-users] replacing one brick in a distribute replicate volume in gluster 3.8

Joseph Lorenzini jaloren at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 22:01:57 UTC 2017

Okay, soooo a specific permutation of the replace-brick command does seem
to do what i was looking for. In this case server1 is being replaced by
server2. The command executes successfully and I then see the data on
server 2.

gluster volume replace-brick gv0 server1:/data/glusterfs/gv0/brick1/brick
server2:/data/glusterfs/gv0/brick1/brick commit force​

However, the reason I had initially stopped trying to use replace-brick is
due to this post in the list server saying that the command is going to be
deprecated and that there was a better way. So what are peoples opinions?
Is replace-brick the right way to do this or should be handled differently?

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users.old/
2012-October/011502.html

Thanks,
Joe