[Gluster-users] Quick performance check?

Gambit15 dougti+gluster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 12:48:47 UTC 2017

Hi Alex,
 I don't use Gluster for storing large amounts of small files, however from
what I've read, that does appear to its big achilles heel.
Personally, if you're not looking to scale out to a lot more servers, I'd
go with Ceph or DRBD. Gluster's best features are in its scalability.
Also, it's worth pointing out that in any setup, you've got to be careful
with 2 node configurations as they're highly vulnerable to split-brain
scenarios.

Given the relatively small size of your data, caching tweaks & an arbiter
may well save you here, however I don't use enough of its caching features
to be able to give advice on it.