[Gluster-users] Upgrading from Gluster 3.8 to 3.12

Ziemowit Pierzycki ziemowit at pierzycki.com
Mon Dec 18 19:40:45 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a cluster of 10 servers all running Fedora 24 along with
Gluster 3.8.  I'm planning on doing rolling upgrades to Fedora 27 with
Gluster 3.12.  I saw the documentation and did some testing but I
would like to run my plan through some (more?) educated minds.

The current setup is:

Volume Name: vol0
Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2 x (2 + 1) = 6
Bricks:
Brick1: glt01:/vol/vol0
Brick2: glt02:/vol/vol0
Brick3: glt05:/vol/vol0 (arbiter)
Brick4: glt03:/vol/vol0
Brick5: glt04:/vol/vol0
Brick6: glt06:/vol/vol0 (arbiter)

Volume Name: vol1
Distributed-Replicate
Number of Bricks: 2 x (2 + 1) = 6
Bricks:
Brick1: glt07:/vol/vol1
Brick2: glt08:/vol/vol1
Brick3: glt05:/vol/vol1 (arbiter)
Brick4: glt09:/vol/vol1
Brick5: glt10:/vol/vol1
Brick6: glt06:/vol/vol1 (arbiter)

After performing the upgrade because of differences in checksums, the
upgraded nodes will become:

State: Peer Rejected (Connected)

If I start doing the upgrades one at a time, with nodes glt10 to glt01
except for the arbiters glt05 and glt06, and then upgrading the
arbiters last, everything should remain online at all times through
the process.  Correct?

Thanks.