[Gluster-users] How large the Arbiter node?

Ben Turner bturner at redhat.com
Mon Dec 18 00:02:49 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

You can see the explanation from the DEV here:

http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2016-March/025732.html

The 4k number was derived by adding 100 xattrs to a file:

[root at ravi4 brick]# touch file

[root at ravi4 brick]# ls -l file
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar  8 12:54 file

[root at ravi4 brick]# du file
*0       file**
*
[root at ravi4 brick]# for i in {1..100}
 > do
 > setfattr -n user.value$i -v value$i file
 > done

[root at ravi4 brick]# ll -l file
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Mar  8 12:54 file

[root at ravi4 brick]# du -h file
*4.0K    file**

The 4k number may be a little conservative but in all of the clusters I help architect I follow that rule.

HTH!

-b