[Gluster-users] SAMBA VFS module for GlusterFS crashes

Riccardo Murri riccardo.murri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 15:53:21 UTC 2017

Hi John,

thanks for your remark. However:

> Keep in mind a local disk is 3,6,12 Gbps but a network connection is
> typically 1Gbps. A local disk quad in raid 10 will outperform a 10G ethernet
> (especially using SAS drives).

Well, in this case all servers (both GlusterFS and SAMBA) are running
on VMs whose storage
is in a Ceph cluster -- so "local disk" really means an RBD volume
over 10Gb/s ethernet...

(I know that it makes little sense to run GlusterFS over Ceph storage,
but that's what we have and I cannot serve RBD volumes from Ceph
directly unless they're attached to some VM...)

Ciao,