[Gluster-users] Gluster status fails

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Thu Aug 31 01:40:37 UTC 2017

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 20:55, mohammad kashif <kashif.alig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running a 400TB  five node purely distributed gluster setup. I am
> troubleshooting an issue where some times files creation fails. I found
> that volume status is not working
>
> gluster volume status
> Another transaction is in progress for atlasglust. Please try again after
> sometime.
>
> When I tried from other node then it seems two nodes have Locking issue
>
> gluster volume status
> Locking failed on pplxgluster01... Please check log file for details.
> Locking failed on pplxgluster04... Please check log file for details.

This suggests that there are concurrent gluster cli operations been
performed on the same volume. Are you monitoring the cluster through nagios
or you have a script on all the nodes which checks for volume's health in a
period of interval? Please note glusterd will process one cli operation on
a volume at one time, the rest all transactions on the same volume will be
failed.

> Also noticed that glusterfsd process is using around 1000% cpu usage.  It
> is a decent server with 16 core and 64GB RAM.
>
> Gluster version is 3.11.2-1
>
> Can you please suggest that how to troubleshoot further?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kashif

- Atin (atinm)