[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] High load on glusterfs!!

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 07:54:20 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 17, 2017 at 12:03:02PM +0530, ABHISHEK PALIWAL wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have an query regarding the usage of ACL on gluster volume. I have
> noticed that when we use normal gluster volume (without ACL) CPU load is
> low, but when we apply the ACL on gluster volume which internally uses Fuse
> ACL, CPU load gets increase about 6x times.
>
> Could you please let me know is this expected or we can do some other
> configuration to reduce this type of overhead on gluster volume with ACLs.
>
> For more clarification we are using kernel NFS for exporting the gluster
> volume.

Exporting Gluster volumes over FUSE and kernel NFS is not something we
suggest and test. There are (or at least were) certain limitations in
FUSE that prevented good support for this.

Please use NFS-Ganesha instead, that is the NFS server we actively
develop with. Gluster/NFS is still available too, but is only receiving
the occasional fixes and is only suggested for legacy users that did not
move to NFS-Ganesha yet.

HTH,
Niels