[Gluster-users] Using glusterfind to backup to rsync.net?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Sun Aug 27 12:45:11 UTC 2017

Hi Milind,

I am thinking of doing backups from my Gluster volume at home. Would
glusterfind make that straight forward to do? My plan would be to have a
cron-job that runs every night and copies documents and pictures to
rsync.net. For me it is not a lot of data, and I think a plain recursive
scanning rsync might work sufficiently, but hooking it up with
glusterfind would be more optimized.

Can you point me to the documentation or an example that show which
documents have been modified and which pictures have been added? Basing
it on filenames would be ideal of course, it would be annoying to have
to resolve GFIDs.

Thanks,
Niels