[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

lemonnierk at ulrar.net lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Fri Aug 25 21:21:03 UTC 2017

> This concern me, and it is the reason I would like to avoid sharding.
> How can I recover from such a situation? How can I "decide" which
> (reconstructed) file is the one to keep rather than to delete?

No need, on a replica 3 that just doesn't happen. That's the main
advantage of it, that and the fact that you can perform operations on
your servers without having the volume go down.

For a replica 2 though, it will happen. With or without sharding the
operation is the same, it involves fiddling with gfids and is a bit
annoying, but not that hard for one file. But with sharding enabled
you'll need to pick each split brained shard out, which is I imagine a
huge pain .. Again, just don't do 2 nodes, it's a _bad_ idea. Add at the
very least an arbiter.