[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

WK wkmail at bneit.com
Fri Aug 25 20:11:09 UTC 2017

On 8/25/2017 12:43 PM, lemonnierk at ulrar.net wrote:

> I think you are talking about DRBD 8, which is indeed very easy. DRBD 9
> on the other hand, which is the one that compares to gluster (more or
> less), is a whole other story. Never managed to make it work correctly
> either

Yes, and I noticed that Digimer's Anvil project still uses DRBD8 as well.

https://www.alteeve.com/w/Build_an_m2_Anvil

If she is still using DRBD8 on her stuff, then you know that DRBD9 isn't
fully baked yet.

That being said we use DRBD  on projects such as NFS servers and found
it to be reliable, easy to use and useful as long as we stayed with
active/passive.

Our experiments with active/active were very unsatisfactory. OCFS2 in
particular was very unhappy with lots of disk i/o, even just stats. We
tried GFS2 as well but bailed due to stability (lockup) issues (probably
our fault, but still not worth the effort).