[Gluster-users] 3.8 Upgrade to 3.10

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:17:50 UTC 2017

Currently running 3.8.12, planning to rolling upgrade it to 3.8.15 this
weekend.

  * debian 8
  * 3 nodes
  * Replica 3
  * Sharded
  * VM Hosting only

The release notes strongly recommend upgrading to 3.10

  * Is there any downside to staying on 3.8.15 for a while longer?
  * I didn't see anything I had to have in 3.10, but ongoing updates are
    always good :(

This mildly concerned me:

  * Expanding a gluster volume that is sharded may cause file corruption

But I have no plans to expand or change the volume, so shouldn't be a issue?

Upgrading

  * Can I go straight from 3.8 to 3.10?
  * Do I need to offline the volume first?

Thanks

--
Lindsay Mathieson