[Gluster-users] Rolling upgrade from 3.6.3 to 3.10.5

Diego Remolina dijuremo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:08:13 UTC 2017

Yes, I did an offline upgrade.

1. Stop all clients using gluster servers.
2. Stop glusterfsd and glusterd on both servers.
3. Backed up /var/lib/gluster* in all servers just to be safe.
4. Upgraded all servers from 3.6.x to 3.10.x (I did not have quotas or
anything that required special steps)
5. Started gluster daemons again and confirmed everything was fine
prior to letting clients connect.
5. Ran 3.10.x with the older op version for a few days to make sure
all was OK (Not all was OK for me, but that may be a samba issue as I
use it as a file server).
6. Upgraded the op version to maximum available.

In my case, I have two servers with bricks and one server that acts as
a witness.

HTH,

Diego