[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

lemonnierk at ulrar.net lemonnierk at ulrar.net
Fri Aug 25 08:50:52 UTC 2017

> This is true even if I manage locking at application level (via virlock
> or sanlock)?

Yes. Gluster has it's own quorum, you can disable it but that's just a
recipe for a disaster.

> Also, on a two-node setup it is *guaranteed* for updates to one node to
> put offline the whole volume?

I think so, but I never took the chance so who knows.

> On the other hand, a 3-way setup (or 2+arbiter) if free from all these
> problems?

Free from a lot of problems, but apparently not as good as a replica 3
volume. I can't comment on arbiter, I only have replica 3 clusters. I
can tell you that my colleagues setting up 2 nodes clusters have _a lot_
of problems.