[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.11 Does not work on Ubuntu 16.04

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Thu Aug 24 03:40:40 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a fresh glusterFS 3.11 installation on Ubuntu 16.04 that does not
work. I followed instructions from
http://gluster.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Install-Guide/Configure/

Everything went well (peer connectivity, volume creation, and volume
startup, glusterfs mount). But the joy stopped there. I tried to copy a
tgz file (702864 bytes) from one of the servers. It took what I'd find
relatively long for such a file, but do understand that the replication
also takes some time.
Once my prompt came back, I was able to see, on the other side, the same
filename, but with a zero byte size. After some time, the file size
showed as 702864 bytes as well. But if I try to untar this file (well,
to be precise, I just did a tar tvfz file.tgz). Content showed om the
origin server but, on the peer side, it returned:

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1

The file appears on the brick path on both sides, and also on the
mounted volume (both side as well) but only accessible on the origin
side.

Attached are the mount logs from both servers

Any clue ?

Christian Tardif