[Gluster-users] GlusterFS as virtual machine storage

Gionatan Danti g.danti at assyoma.it
Mon Aug 21 20:09:20 UTC 2017

Hi all,
I would like to ask if, and with how much success, you are using
GlusterFS for virtual machine storage.

My plan: I want to setup a 2-node cluster, where VM runs on the nodes
themselves and can be live-migrated on demand.

I have some questions:
- do you use GlusterFS for similar setup?
- if so, how do you feel about it?
- if a node crashes/reboots, how the system re-syncs? Will the VM files
be fully resynchronized, or the live node keeps some sort of write
bitmap to resynchronize changed/written chunks only? (note: I know about
sharding, but I would like to avoid it);
- finally, how much stable is the system?

Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico