[Gluster-users] Glusterd proccess hangs on reboot

Atin Mukherjee amukherj at redhat.com
Tue Aug 22 15:47:35 UTC 2017

My guess is there is a corruption in vol list or peer list which has lead
glusterd to get into a infinite loop of traversing a peer/volume list and
CPU to hog up. Again this is a guess and I've not got a chance to take a
detail look at the logs and the strace output.

I believe if you get to reboot the node again the problem will disappear.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 at 20:07, Serkan Çoban <cobanserkan at gmail.com> wrote:

> As an addition perf top shows %80 libc-2.12.so __strcmp_sse42 during
> glusterd %100 cpu usage
> Hope this helps...
>
> On Tue, Aug 22, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Serkan Çoban <cobanserkan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have a strange problem.
> > Gluster version in 3.10.5, I am testing new servers. Gluster
> > configuration is 16+4 EC, I have three volumes, each have 1600 bricks.
> > I can successfully create the cluster and volumes without any
> > problems. I write data to cluster from 100 clients for 12 hours again
> > no problem. But when I try to reboot a node, glusterd process hangs on
> > %100 CPU usage and seems to do nothing, no brick processes come
> > online. You can find strace of glusterd process for 1 minutes here:
> >
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7bxfnbqxze1yus/gluster_strace.out?dl=0
> >
> > Here is the glusterd logs:
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/hkstb3mdeil9a5u/glusterd.log?dl=0
> >

> > By the way, reboot of one server completes without problem if I reboot
> > the servers before creating any volumes.

- Atin (atinm)