[Gluster-users] Is transport=rdma tested with "stripe"?

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Aug 15 14:59:45 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 01:04:11PM +0000, Hatazaki, Takao wrote:
> Ji-Hyeon,
>
> You're saying that "stripe=2 transport=rdma" should work.  Ok, that
> was firstly I wanted to know.  I'll put together logs later this week.

Note that "stripe" is not tested much and practically unmaintained. We
do not advise you to use it. If you have large files that you would like
to split in smaller chunks for improved distribution and faster
self-heal, you can try to enabled "sharding" instead:

  http://blog.gluster.org/2015/12/introducing-shard-translator/

HTH,
Niels