[Gluster-users] throughput question

atris adam atris.adam at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 07:51:17 UTC 2017

Hi everybody

I have a some question about throughput for glusterfs volume.
I have 3 server for glusterfs, each have one brick and 1GbE for their
network, I have made distributed replica 3 volume with these 3 bricks. the
network between the clients and the servers are 1GbE.

refer to this link: https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws001/guided_trek/Perform
ance_in_a_Gluster_Systemv6F.pdf

I have setup clients 4 times of server number, i mean:
                 client_number=4*servers_number

what is the maximum throughput for my glusterfs. Is it 200MB/s?

I have run ior benchmark in multiple client mode (with 24 clients) , the
result is:

Summary of all tests:
Operation   Max(MiB)   Min(MiB)
write          27.87      27.87
read           59.85      59.85

How can I interpret this test result?
For write throughput, should I multiply the clients number to the max
result?
       24*27.87=668.88

Can anyone help me in calculating throughput for my gluster volume?

thx alot

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/aws001/guided_trek/Performance_in_a_Gluster_Systemv6F.pdf>