[Gluster-users] Glusterfs geo-replication security

Fady Hayali blumint at outlook.com
Tue Aug 8 12:00:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

A new Glusterfs user here. So, I've been playing with Glusterfs for the last couple of days and I'm trying to understand how it works. Actually, I need to sync a storage I have locally for backups to another storage that I have remotely.

I've setup a Glusterfs with geo-replication and it seems that it works well but I'm a little bit concerned about the security of my data. As far as I understood and learned from setting it up that the data is transferred using SSH so it is encrypted but should I use SSL? Would I notice any slowness in the data transfer speed?