[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.8.10 rebalance VMs corruption

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 18:53:25 UTC 2017

> The bugs are not in sharding. Sharding + VM workload is exposing bugs are in
> DHT/rebalance. These bugs existed for years. They are coming to the fore
> only now. It proves to be very difficult to recreate these bugs in other
> environments. We are very transparent about this fact. Until these issues
> are fixed please don't do rebalance in shard+VM environments.

I apreciate this, but it's so critical that you should warn users in
official docs, not only in mailing list.
Not all users reads gluster ML, if someone is trying to use sharding
(as wrote in docs) and then rebalance,
will loose everything.

Anyway , any plan to fix all of these in the upcoming release ?