[Gluster-users] Gluster 3.8.10 rebalance VMs corruption

Gandalf Corvotempesta gandalf.corvotempesta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 11:51:34 UTC 2017

> But even after that fix, it is still leading to pause. And these are the two
> updates on what the developers are doing as per my understanding. So that
> workflow is not stable yet IMO.

So, even after that fix, two more critical bug leading to
dataloss/corruption where found ?

I'm sorry but this is pure madness, plese put a "beta" label on
sharding or gluster itself. 4 bugs in a row making loose of data in a
software enginereed to keep data safe are unacceptable.
Yes, all software has bug, but not with this frequency, for the same
reason, with the same results: data loss.

I'm really, really, really warried to put my company valuable data in
a gluster storage. If I loose hundreds of VMs at once, i'm really
fucked.
Yes, backup exists, but try to say to your customers that you have to
restore 20TB from backups (it takes days....) and that they lost many
ecommerce orders/transactions.