[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Announcing release 3.11 : Scope, schedule and feature tracking

Soumya Koduri skoduri at redhat.com
Wed Apr 26 07:53:11 UTC 2017

Hi Shyam,

On 04/25/2017 07:38 PM, Shyam wrote:
> On 04/25/2017 07:40 AM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 8:17 PM, Shyam <srangana at redhat.com
>> <mailto:srangana at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     On 02/28/2017 10:17 AM, Shyam wrote:
>>     1) Halo - Initial Cut (@pranith)
>>

>> Sorry for the delay in response. Due to some other work engagements, I
>> couldn't spend time on this, I think I can get this done if there is one
>> week grace period, by 5thMay. Or I can get this done for 3.12.0. Do let
>> me know what you think.
>
> Let us backport this to 3.11 post branching, that way the schedule is
> kept as is. It would help to stick to the schedule if this gets
> backported by, May-05th.
>
> Considering this request, any other features that needs a few more days
> to be completed, can target this date by when (post branching) we need
> the backport of the feature to 3.11 branch.

If that is the case, can [1] be considered for 3.11 as well. I hadn't
proposed it earlier as I wasn't sure if it shall be ready on time. I now
have initial prototype working. I will submit subsequent patches for any
additional changes or testscript.

Thanks,
Soumya

[1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/174