[Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Announcing release 3.11 : Scope, schedule and feature tracking

Shyam srangana at redhat.com
Tue Apr 25 14:16:56 UTC 2017

On 04/20/2017 02:46 AM, Kaushal M wrote:
>> 2) IPv6 support (@kaushal)
> This is under review at https://review.gluster.org/16228 . The patch
> mostly looks fine.
>
> The only issue is that it currently depends and links with an internal
> FB fork of tirpc (mainly for some helper functions and utilities).
> This makes it hard for the community to make actual use of  and test,
> the IPv6 features/fixes introduced by the change.
>
> If the change were refactored the use publicly available versions of
> tirpc or ntirpc, I'm OK for it to be merged. I did try it out myself.
> While I was able to build it against available versions of tirpc, I
> wasn't able to get it working correctly.

I checked the patch and here are my comments on merging this,

1) We are encouraging FB to actually not use FB specific configure time
options, and instead use a site.h like approach (wherein we can build
with different site.h files and not proliferate options). This
discussion I realize is not public, nor is there a github issue for the
same.

Considering this, we would need this patch to change appropriately.

2) I also agree on the tirpc dependency, if we could make it work with
the publicly available tirpc, it is better as otherwise it is difficult
to use by the community.

Considering this, I would suggest we (as in all concerned) work on these
aspects and get it right in master before we take it in for a release.

Thanks,
Shyam