[Gluster-users] GlusterFS absolute max. storage size in total?

Amar Tumballi atumball at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 03:29:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 at 11:07 PM, Peter B. <pb at das-werkstatt.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you tell me what the technically maximum limit of capacity of a
> GlusterFS storage is?
> I cannot find any official statement on this...
>
> Somewhere it says "several Petabytes", but that's a bit vague.

It is mostly vague because the total storage depends on 2 things, what is
per node storage you can get, and then how many nodes you have in cluster?

It is scalable comfortably for 128nodes, and per node you can have 64TB
drives, making it 8PB.

> I'd need it for arguing pro GlusterFS in comparison to other systems.

Hope the above info helps you. Btw, we are targeting more scalability
related improvements in Gluster 4.0, so it should be much larger number
from next year.

-Amar

> Thank you very much in advance,
> Peter B.