[Gluster-users] Replica 2 Quorum and arbiter

Mahdi Adnan mahdi.adnan at outlook.com
Mon Apr 17 19:41:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have a replica 2 volume and we have issue with setting proper quorum.

The volumes used as datastore for vmware/ovirt, the current settings for the quorum are:

cluster.quorum-type: auto
cluster.server-quorum-type: server
cluster.server-quorum-ratio: 51%

Losing the first node which hosting the first bricks will take the storage domain in ovirt offline but in the FUSE mount point works fine "read/write"

Losing the second node or any other node that hosts only the second bricks of the replication will not affect ovirt storage domain i.e 2nd or 4th ndoes.

As i understand, losing the first brick in replica 2 volumes will render the volume to read only, but how FUSE mount works in read write ?

Also, can we add an arbiter node to the current replica 2 volume without losing data ? if yes, does the re-balance bug "Bug 1440635" affect this process ?
And what happen if we set "cluster.quorum-type: none" and the first node goes offline ?

Thank you.

--

Respectfully
Mahdi A. Mahdi