[Gluster-users] How to Speed UP heal process in Glusterfs 3.10.1

Amudhan P amudhan83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 06:51:25 UTC 2017

Serkan,

I have initially changed shd-max-thread 1 to 2 saw a little difference and
changing it to 4 & 8. doesn't make any difference.
disk write speed was about <1MB and data passed in thru network for healing
node from other node were 4MB combined.

Also, I tried ls -l from mount point to the folders and files which need to
be healed but have not seen any difference in performance.

But after 3 days of heal process running disk write speed was increased to
9 - 11MB and data passed thru network for healing node from other
node were 40MB combined.

Still 14GB of data to be healed when comparing to other disks in set.

I saw in another thread you also had the issue with heal speed, did you
face any issue in reading data from rest of the good bricks in the set.
like slow read < KB/s.