[Gluster-users] web folder on glusterfs

Umarzuki Mochlis umarzuki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 15:00:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm planning to install glusterfs on 3 nodes of Joomla 3 with nginx &
php-fpm on buntu 16.04.

/var/www will be used as storage volume on every node.

Each node has a secondary network interface only used for mariadb
cluster and glusterfs. 1G interface and 1G switch.

Any pros/cons of this kind of setup?

Would it be better to have a LUN shared among all nodes?

I was told that to reduce a very slow "ls" command on volume with
clustered filsystem, it is better that I created a raw image with
diskdump, format it as ext4 and mount it. Is this the proper way for
web folders?

Thanks for any input and suggestions.