[Gluster-users] Working and up to date guide for ganesha ? nfs-ganesha gluster-ganesha

Travis Eddy travis at smartwareit.com
Tue Apr 4 22:38:43 UTC 2017

Hello,
The default (+epel) ones that get searched by yum?
the package is there after you run
yum install centos-release-gluster

So:
http://blog.gluster.org/2015/10/linux-scale-out-nfsv4-using-nfs-ganesha-and-glusterfs-one-step-at-a-time/
works if you run " yum install centos-release-gluster  " first

Also is Ganesha is only working with " -o nfsvers=3 "

So Ganesha is working! :-)  annndddd its just as slow as the Gluster
internal NFS :-(

 (image showing network moving ~31Mb/sec and disk going ~5MB/sec)

So at this point I guess it something in Gluster it self causing the slow
down. (again bland kernal NFS goes 100MB+ on the same hardware )

Thanks for the help getting Ganesha running :-) :-)

Any advice why Gluster isn't working so well as storage for Virtual hosts?

Travis Eddy
Smartware IT - Number 2

Cell (texts welcome) - 703.981.5765
Email - Travis at SmartwareIT.com